The NanoPro MC Clear-Night Filter from Haida is designed to reduce the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky, and to minimize illumination from artificial light sources.
This effect can be obtained when the filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with the daylight white balance setting selected.
Light pollution occurs in areas of the night sky that are above or near concentrated and intense sources of artificial light, such as cities. These sources can include streetlamps, exterior and interior lamps for commercial or residential buildings, sports and entertainment venue lighting, and brightly lit advertisements such as billboards. Together, they can result in a type of light pollution known as skyglow, where individual stars, the Milky Way, and other astronomical features in the night sky are obscured. Additionally, artificial lights clustered together can become difficult to discern individually. Light pollution from these "cluttered" sources can become a source of distraction within an image, and can resemble overexposed areas of glare.
- Reduces the appearance of light pollution in images or video that include the night sky and minimizes illumination from artificial light sources
- For cameras with daylight film installed, or digital camera systems with the daylight white balance setting selected
- Absorbs the yellow light from sodium-vapor lamps, a common light source within urban areas
- Enhances the visibility of astronomical objects
- Increases definition and contrast of artificial light sources while minimizing glare
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Aluminium alloy filter ring for durability and light weight
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport
All Haida Products Have A 1 Year Warranty on Manufacturer Defects Only
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Maxxum Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.