Haida 150 Insert C-POL Optical Glass Filter
This Haida 150 x 150mm Circular Polarizer Filter is compatible with a Haida 150 Filter Holder and helps to reduce reflections as well as glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90ø angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are optimal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- 2.8x filter factor reduces exposure by 1.5 stops.
- Constructed using optical glass for clarity.
- Padded filter case for storage and transport.
- For Haida 150 Filter Holder
- 2.8x Filter Factor, +1.5 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Maxxum Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.