Tenba’s DNA Messenger range is a flagship addition to the world of Messenger style bags.
The DNA 8 was made to fit a mirrorless or rangefinder camera with 2-3 lenses & an iPad Mini (or similar sized tablet), stored in the rear padded sleeve. It’s built for all kinds of environments, photography or not. It’s great for photojournalism, sports, urban & adventure photography, or for social events, everyday commutes & well-earned day trips, even if you don’t need a camera!
Designed to withstand all weather conditions, the Messenger DNA 8 has some design elements for secure protection from the elements. The front flap extends across the top of the bag & includes a sewn hinge for easy closure. For wet weather protection, a reversible WeatherWrap cover is included & can easily be added or removed. One side is covered in silver for heat reflection, and the other side is coated black for a stealth appearance in dark conditions.
Like other Tenba bags, there’s plenty of high quality materials & practical features designed for anyone. Constructed with water repellent 600 denier Helix fabric, ripstop nylon, YKK zippers & heavily reinforced stitching, the Messenger range is built to last. Fidlock patented magnetic clips allow quick & easy drop on attachments. The side pocket is reinforced to withstand the size & weight of a compact tripod.
The DNA 8 is also a bag designed for speedy use. The Fidlock clips allows for a fast, unique slide release. The zipper is located at the top for quick access, with your camera, lenses & other gear easily accessible without needing to open the front flap. And when you do need the front flap, the Quiet Whisper Hook Closure means you can operate silently & smoothly.
There are tons of other amazing reasons to love this bag. Click over to the "Features" tab to learn more.
- Fidlock® patented magnetic clips allow blind, drop-on attachment and a fast slide release. This is the quickest clip in the world. It can be both secured and opened with one hand, even when wearing gloves, or when the bag is behind you.
- Quick Access™ zipper lets you securely swap out cameras and lenses without opening the front flap and exposing an entire camera system to prying eyes in unfamiliar or dangerous locations.
- Front flap extends over the bag and has a sewn hinge to ensure easy closure and excellent weatherproof coverage at the corners.
- Included WeatherWrap rain cover is removable and reversible, with silver on one side to reflect the heat, and black on the other side for a bit more stealth and subtlety.
- Elasticized micro-mesh pockets provide quick access storage on the outside of the bag.
- Zippered pocket in the main flap provide out-of-sight, out-of-mind secure storage for important items like a mobile phone and keys.
- The shoulder strap includes non-slip shoulder pad.
- Removable padded camera insert protects a mirrorless camera system with 2-3 lenses.
- The padded camera insert slides out to convert the bag for general-purpose, non-photo use.
- Rear padded sleeve fits an iPad Mini or similar sized tablet.
- Tenba's exclusive heavy-duty body armor base panel is water and abrasion resistant. This protects the bag if you have to put it down on a wet and/or dirty surface, and is easy to wipe clean.
- Rear pocket fits passport or other thin accessories.
- Tons of pockets and compartments to keep batteries, cables, chargers, pens and business cards organized.
- Exterior of lightweight 600 Denier Helix™ with a durable water repellant coating.
- Interior made with lightweight ripstop nylon and soft, brushed tricot.
- The hardware is second-to-none: YKK® zippers and clips, contoured zipper pulls and welded steel D-rings.
- Available in 3 different colours.
1.3 lbs(0.6 kg)
10.5W X 7.5H X 5D in. (27 X 19 X 13 cm)
9W X 6.5H X 3.5D in. (23 X 17 X 9 cm)
9.25W X 5.5H X 0.5D in. (23W X 14H X 1D cm)
Fits iPad Mini or similar sized tablet up to 8 inches.
HappyBy: WendyFits a Sony a6300, 35mm lens, 55-200mm lens, 10-18mm lens, spare batteries and charger, and a GoPro 3 Black. That combo stuffs the bag, but still makes it so you can swap lenses and pull the camera out the top with relative ease. Strap, zippers, and stitching are all top notch throughout. Happy with the size of bag I got for the kit I have, but if I get anything else, I'll have to get a bigger bag. Will buy Tenba gear from Maxxum again.
Almost my perfect bagBy: Graham LawsonI have been looking for a smaller bag for my Sony A7 and so far this comes the closest. I carry the following equipment in the DNA 8, my Sony A7 with the Zeiss 24-70 attached, a Sony 24-240 in the second inside compartment. The Sony FE 2/28 fits into the outside side pocket, two extra batteries, and filters for the three lenses are stored in additional outside compartments. I can also include my IPad mini in the bag, but it is very crowded and getting the camera from the zipper on the top is difficult. All the equipment makes for a really tight fit and I would like a bit more room to carry the FE 2/28 in the inside of the bag rather than in a mesh side pocket. The zipper on the top is very useful and it is a feature I would like to see on other bags. It could be my perfect bag if just a tad larger.
A Neat Little BagBy: JacksonHaving switched to the Sony A7 as my primary camera, I searched for a smaller bag. After trying a couple in the B&M stores, and the Chrome Sling Bag, I came across the Tenba DNA 8 and could not be happier. Smartly made with plenty of key features, this easily fits my A7 with lens attached, another lens, rain cover, batteries, memory cards, cables, a Asus 7" tablet, and papers. The camera insert fits snuggly inside and comes out, making the bag versitile when needed, and a zippered opening on the top allows easy access to the camera without opening everything. The Velcro is loud, but the zippered opening negates that when it could be an issue. Every seam and fold is thoughtfully done to block mostuire, and I look forward to taking this to many locations.