Shimoda Explore DSLR Core Unit - Large
The Large DSLR Core Unit V1 fits in every available Shimoda backpack and roller with the exception of the Action X30 and Explore 30. The Large Core Unit will max-out the internal storage of the Action X50, Explore 40 and the Carry-On Rollers. It includes all the popular features of our Core Unit system, including EVA laminated dividers and sidewalls. The DSLR depth is ideal for mirrorless and DSLR cameras (including gripped bodies) up to 16 cm (6.3 in) tall, and it's a great solution for multiple bodies and long lenses.
It comes standard with a removable Skin, which provides dust protection when in storage at home or on its own as packing cell. Use it in your backpack or your carry-on roller and add an extra layer of organization to mountain adventures and travel transitions.
- Pro Mirrorless/DSLR Camera Fit - Designed to fit mid- to Pro-size camera equipment such as gripped Mirrorless or gripped DSLR bodies as tall as the Canon EOS-1DX or Nikon D5. Its generous 38 cm (15 in) length allows users to carry longer telephoto lenses, as well as other items requiring longer length. The Large Core Unit is perfect for people who need to pack and protect a lot of gear.
- Modular Configurations - Core Units can be mixed and matched to increase or decrease camera capacity as needed. This system ensures you never carry more padding and weight than absolutely necessary to protect the day’s camera kit, and that all remaining pack space can be dedicated to clothing and personal gear.
- Lightweight Water-Resistant & Multi-purpose Skin - The included Skin’s primary function is a storage case for the padded Core Units, ideal for when your gear is at home and not in use. It keeps the Core Unit sealed and dust free. Its secondary function is to use as a packing cell. A user can fill it with clothing or other common items and pack it in their backpack or carry-on roller.
- EVA Side Walls and Dividers - Core Units are constructed with compression molded EVA sidewalls and dividers, providing high-density protection without excess weight or materials. Our one-piece construction and intelligent shapes makes insert and divider set-up easy.
- Minimalist Construction - The Jersey exterior shell and Tricot lining are laminated to the EVA. By tightening up and simplifying the design in this way, we can eliminate any sloppiness and movement with dividers. The shape of the actual divider tabs has a unique inward taper. This simple concept makes setting up and adjusting the Core Unit much easier by limiting the catching of the fastener and the pulling on the sidewall material.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Maxxum Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.