Haida 150 NanoPro Multi-Coated Optical Glass Clear-Night Filter
The 150 x 150mm NanoPro MC Clear-Night Filter from Haida is designed to reduce the appearance of light pollution in video or images that include the night sky and illumination from artificial light sources.
This effect can be obtained when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected.
Light pollution occurs in areas of the night sky that are above or near concentrated and intense sources of artificial light such as cities. These light sources can include exterior and interior lamps for commercial or residential buildings, brightly lit advertisements such as billboards, streetlamps, as well as sports and entertainment venues. Together they can result in a type of light pollution known as skyglow, where individual stars, the Milky Way, and other astronomical features in the night sky are obscured. Additionally, artificial lights clustered together can become difficult to individually discern. Light pollution from these "cluttered" sources can become a source of distraction within an image and can resemble overexposed areas of glare.
When used, the Haida 150 x 150mm NanoPro MC Clear-Night Filter can improve the results of nighttime images by absorbing the yellow light from sodium-vapor lamps, a common light source within urban areas. By preventing the dominant wavelengths of light associated with the color of those lamps from being recorded, the visibility of astronomical objects is enhanced, and artificial light sources are more clearly defined with less glare and improved contrast.
This filter is compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 2mm-thick, 150 x 150mm rectangular filters such as the Haida 150 Filter Holder and is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes 10 layers of anti-reflection coating. These coatings offer greater protection to the filter substrate and help it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with the Haida 150 x 150mm NanoPro MC Clear-Night Filter provides an additional layer that results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency.
A padded case is included with this filter for storage and transport.
- Compatible with filter holders that can accommodate 2mm-thick, 150 x 150mm rectangular filters such as the Haida 150 Filter Holder
- Reduces the appearance of light pollution in video or images that include the night sky and illumination from artificial light sources
- For cameras with daylight film installed, or a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Enhances the visibility of astronomical objects, and where they appear, artificial light sources are more clearly defined with less glare and improved contrast
- 1.25x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 stops
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Padded filter case for storage and transport
- For Haida 150 Filter Holder
- Reduces Light Pollution in Night Sky
- Absorbs Yellow Sodium-Vapor Light
- 1.25x Filter Factor, +0.3 Stop
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Maxxum Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.